Sunday 31 March 2019

A new challenge - Paint a Squadron a Week - Hold my Beer!

Stupid idea really but I was pondering on the embarrassing amount of unpainted planes I have for Blood Red Skies. I'm not sure how it happened but I have rather a lot of unpainted aeroplanes in the "to do" pile, and I need to reduce that.

Here's what I think I have to paint

Japanese
6 Ki 44 Tojo
3 Ki 48 Lilly
9 A6M5 Zero

German
9 Fw190A
4 Ju88

US
11 F4 Wildcats (some of these may become FAA Martlets)
5 B25 Mitchell
5 TBD Devastators
5 SDB Dauntless
2 B17E Flying Fortress

UK
1 Walrus (this is a lie I have 3 but I have no intention of painting more than 1!)

Soviets
2 SB2

I also have a selection of one offs that I picked up as comparisons but I'll leave them for now.

So I've decided to try and whittle that lot down before the next lot arrive by painting one "Squadron" a week - either 6 fighters or 3 bombers. There's no possibility of doing this of course, but I think its worth setting a target so you can measure just how badly you failed :-)


2 comments:

  1. I do believe there are self help groups set up .. "My name is Renko and my problem is that .. I still son't have enough planes"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup we meet every Wednesday night and end up playing BRS, then that fuels my need for MORE PLANES!

    ReplyDelete