Thursday 10 June 2021

Stirrings

 

I think this may be the case. After some time of just going through the motions the prospect of actually getting some games in "soon" has reawakened my desire to get some models painted and on the table.

Partly this is the prospect of rolling some dice, and partly the arrival of a couple of new games, or at least blowing the cobwebs off some old projects.

The "new" is Reign in Hell - a skirmish fantasy game set, well, in Hell. It is the now standard small skirmish format with about seven models a side. Back of a postcard is it is Frostgrave in Hell, with players leading their Cabal of demons and devils in an effort to be crowned master of Hell. It lools clever, fast and brutal, and is "miniatures agnostic - ie you can use what you want as long as it has horns, wings, tentacles or claws, or any combination of the above. You chose your faction and Leader, and you get a very enthusiastic second in command, and build the rest of Team Hell using a hundred points (Souls) then go and rip the other side to bits. You usually get about 4-5 minions to start with. All looks good fun. First game planned for next week.

Next up - Mortal Gods. I've blown the dust off these and actually read them. Long and short they're "Test of Honour" set in Ancient Greece. As TOH worked quite well I cant see any problems there. I will need to paint a couple of figures up, but I suspect I'm ready to go.

Then there is Blood Red Skies. I love BRS and the prospect of finally getting some games in has made me try and get some of the backlog painted. Hopefully I will get a Squadron of MiG15s and some Sb2 bombers done by the weekend.

So now I've said it, I better start trying to get everything painted. Reign in Hell I will have the weekend to put my Cabal together and get them painted, but to be honest I'm expecting quite a lot of red there so maybe not too much of a challenge!

Cheers 


1 comment: