Tuesday 5 September 2023

Err OK - apologies to Warlord - sort of

A couple of months ago I had a bit of a rant about Warlord Games and the delays in releasing the Italian faction for Blood Red Skies - you can read it here https://twtrb.blogspot.com/2023/02/what-mistaka-to-maka-as-capitano.html

Of course as soon as I had vented my spleen they announced the actual releases, and these are now hitting the streets. I've seen the first wave, and I have to say theyre looking good.


We are getting a card expansion deck similar to those of the other nations, four Squadron sets, and Aces to match. That's not bad. The models are the iconic SM79 bomber, Macchi C200 Saetta, Macchi 202 Folgore, and Regianne 2002 Ariete. I'm also expecting a "5" Series fighter "soon".



I got to see the models at the Warlord Open Day and theyre all rather fine models - sorry I didn't get any pics but there are shots on the webs store here https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/regia-aeronautica   

So am I going to switch to Warlord models? Err No. I've decided I need a new nationality for Blood Red Skies like a hole in the head and am going to concentrate on finishing my Luftwaffe, then RAAF then...... then I may rethink the Italians. That being said, Warlord have done us proud with these new releases, so Sorry Guys for the earlier rant.

So "arrivederci" for now   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment