Saturday 19 December 2020

Into the Zone (2) - err "Why didn't I think of that before?"

 OK I just had a brainwave of sorts. Why not 3d print my Zona Alfa crew? I don't have the skills to design models myself but HeroForge has a design your model function and they have a Black Friday sale on, so I thought, why not?

So I spent a very happy hour or two tinkering with them and then downloaded and printed the results. I was quite impressed. Detail is a bit soft but that is countered by the fact that they can be tailored to a very close approximation of what you imaging the character should be.

So here they are - quickly painted using new "contrast" paints. I'm not overjoyed with the results but I'm happy enough ith them not to want to redo them, so......

Fat Arkady


Little Pawel



Big Pavel


FiFi

Kaz


Each stl. cost £3 in the sale - normally twice that I think, so £15 for the files and maybe £2-3 in resin is not too bad. To be honest if I never use them I have had a great time messing about designing them - HeroForge is loads of fun to play with. 

So the Crew is assembled and ready for our first trip into the Zone. I understand there is an abandoned Gaz Jeep somewhere down a forest path that may have something interesting in it. We're going to take a look. 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks - it was fun doing the design and actually printing them out was next level stuff. Like Star Trek but slower. When I started gaming this was just sci fi

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete