Saturday 20 July 2024

100 Hour War - Part 3 Much and unexpected progress

So after printing the models I decided to put the base coats on, and immediately ran into a problem. I got base coats on the F51s and the Salvadoran Corsairs, and decided the later looked wrong. As it was quite late I decided to pack in for the night - three more hours done. I "resolved" to start the Corsairs again first thing, spraying them a green from one of the rattle cans - that seemed like a plan.

I woke early and needed to get the models from the painting station in the loft to take them to the yard for the rattle can treatment, which would be dry when I got in from work. Except when I got to the loft and looked at them again, I thought, bugger that. This was a quick project and maybe they were close enough. I sat down and got on with the darker green mottle pattern, and it went on quickly and easily. While that was drying I put the dark blue on the Honduran Corsairs, then got some details on all three sets, canopies, engines etc. This all went remarkably smooth and quickly. By the time I had to go to work they were ready for the panel lines.

After a disheartening day at work (shock) I hit the panel lines, tidied everything up and varnished them ready for decals. Two hours down. 81 hours to go........ this was looking easy. Famous last words :-)


 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment